Community Support Worker
Job no: 495794
Work type: Part Time
Location: Regional Victoria – North
Categories: Community Development, Family Services, Youth Services
- Part time 19 hours per week, hours can be worked flexibly
- Opportunities for professional development and career advancement
- Salary Packaging is offered with this position
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The Community Support Worker will work within the Echuca area to deliver a high quality support service with eligible clients currently in a variety of programs; Specialist Homelessness, Community Mental Health and Disability Programs. The worker will also provide services to clients who transition to the NDIS and elect Anglicare Victoria as their service provider for supports.
Along with a relevant tertiary qualification you will have:
- Experience providing flexible support to a diverse range of clients in a range of community settings
- Experience and/or knowledge in providing services to clients who transition to the NDIS
- Resilience to work with and support clients who have been exposed to crisis, homelessness, trauma, violence or neglect
- Outstanding communication skills
- Experience in planning and evaluating evidenced based individual and group programs
- The ability to work autonomously and in a team
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
PD-Community Support Worker - March2018.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Trudy Fuller, Team Leader Mental Health & Disabilities on 0418 469 350.
Applications close Wednesday 28th March 2018
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend