Residential Youth Worker
Job no: 495796
Work type: Casual
Categories: Community Development, Residential Services, Youth Services
- Casual & Standup Workers required
- Located in Bendigo
- Variety of day, weekend and afternoon shifts.
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
As a Residential Youth Worker you will be working directly with young people assisting them to develop day-to-day living skills, social and relationship skills, while maintaining a safe and positive environment. You will work within a broader team of staff and other key professionals to ensure that the wellbeing and safety of young people is maintained. You will be able to manage trauma-based behaviour and critical incidents. You will be required to work within Anglicare Victoria's residential framework to ensure a quality service delivery in line with DHHS policy and program requirements.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant qualification (minimum Cert IV) in Child, Youth and Family Intervention (Residential and Out of Home Care), or a willingness to undertake top up training for this qualification.
- Relevant experience and competence in the Human Services field including working with young people in a residential setting.
- Ability and willingness to work effectively as part of a team, to meet program goals and objectives.
- Appropriate and effective verbal and written communication and negotiation skills.
- Commitment to the principles and practice of quality care in residential settings for the most vulnerable and disadvantaged young people, and to promote autonomy and self-determination for clients.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
How to Apply:
Detailed Position Description PD - Residential Youth Worker - Feb2018.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Marnie Gandrabur, Program Manager on 0412 902 343.
Applications close : 15 July 2018
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend