Family Services Practitioner
Job no: 497185
Work type: Full Time
Location: Regional Victoria – Gippsland
Categories: Community Development, Family Services
- Full-time 38 hrs/week - part time negotiable
- Located at our Morwell office
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The Child FIRST & Integrated Family Services Inner Gippsland Partnership aims to address the needs of families with multiple and complex difficulties that impact on parenting and family life. Many of the families the program works with have long histories of involvement with child protection and community agencies and require flexible and innovative interventions to address their needs, and promote the best social, emotional, educational and health outcomes for their children. The service targets families with children newborn to 18 years, living in the Latrobe and Baw Baw areas. Latrobe IFS supports families residing in the Latrobe LGA.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
The successful applicant will have a relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Early Childhood Specialist and/or related behavioural sciences at degree level with substantial experience, or associate diploma level with substantial experience in the relevant service stream, and will demonstrate a skill set that will enable them to:
- Provide an in-home family casework service, utilising a broad range of skills and working in partnership with families to achieve their goals around enhancing children’s development and family functioning
- Assess and take steps to reduce risks to children’s safety and wellbeing, utilizing knowledge of key frameworks such as child development, family violence frameworks and trauma informed practice.
- Support families to take charge of their lives and develop positive engagement with their community and other support services.
- Work within a dynamic and changing team environment at a time of exciting growth and development of the Family Services sector
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
How to Apply:
Detailed position description PD - Family Services Practitioner - Mar2018.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Josie Stubbe on 03 5135 9555 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: 23 April 2018
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend