Kinship Care First Supports Worker
Job no: 497249
Work type: Part Time Limited Tenure
Location: Western Suburbs
Categories: Community Development, Family Services
- Join a friendly and supportive team working closely with children and their families
- Bring your enthusiasm and creativity to a well respected organisation and program
- Salary Packaging is offered with this position
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
This is a part time, limited tenure position. This position aims:
- To more effectively harness the capacity of extended family networks to provide the best possible kinship care arrangement for children unable to live with their own parents.
- To assist kinship carers to provide ongoing, normative and age appropriate life experiences for children with the minimum level of professional intervention from the formal service system, building on their informal supports and other available community resources.
- To ensure that the kinship care placements arranged for the most vulnerable children as a result of child protection involvement are more effectively established, supported and monitored so that they meet each child’s ongoing safety, stability and developmental needs.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Early Childhood Specialist and/or related behavioural sciences at degree level with substantial experience
- The ability to effectively engage all parties in the Kinship Care process
- Highly developed assessment and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience in home based care and/or case management of families
- Capacity to work flexible hours to meet client needs.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current driver's licence, Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
How to Apply:
Detailed position description PD - Kinship First Supports Worker - Part Time - West - April 2018.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Spiros Drakopoulos on 9396 7400.
Applications close: 5pm, Thursday 26 April 2018
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend