Family Services Support Worker
Job no: 499878
Work type: Full Time Limited Tenure
Location: Regional Victoria – North
Categories: Community Development, Family Services
- Located at our Swan Hill office
- Changing the immediate future of at risk children and families
- Ongoing support and guidance
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
Anglicare is looking to recruit an experienced Family Support Worker in the Family Support Team. The aim of the program is to increase the health well-being and safety of children and young people who might otherwise have been at risk of entering Child Protection and the Out of Home Care system. The position will support families to consider the changes that need to occur for children to remain safe in their own homes. The position provides intensive outreach support to families in the Swan Hill region and requires a person who is flexible, creative, innovative and passionate about working with families in difficult and complex situations.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- Qualification in either social work, welfare studies, or similar with experience providing services to families.
- Understanding, experience and commitment to strengths based, competency based, client directed approach to family work.
- Demonstrated understanding of Child Development and Trauma Informed Practice.
- Experience and skill in rapid engagement and goal setting.
- The ability to work as part of a team and a strong commitment to collaborative working relationships.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required by the client.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
How to Apply:
Detailed Position Description PD - Family Services Worker - Swan Hill 29102018.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Acting Team Leader Liz Wright firstname.lastname@example.org on 0499 077 665 or Program Manager Paula West on 5440 1100.
Applications close: Friday 30th November 2018.
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend