Unit Coordinator ISS
Job no: 499937
Work type: Full Time
Location: Mornington Peninsula
Categories: Community Development
- Salary packaging is offered with this position.
- This position provides an opportunity work in new evidence based program which hasn’t be tested before.
- This role involves working in a collaborative and supporting team environment.
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The House Coordinator position plays a pivotal role in ensuring that children and young people receive high quality culturally appropriate care, ensuring that the needs and vulnerabilities of young people are appropriately identified and addressed. The role is responsible for leading and supporting their teams. They will work alongside others including those living in the local community. House Coordinators will work closely with the KEYS partners and other key stakeholders in the provision of care to children and young people.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in social work, psychology, and/or behavioural science at degree level with substantial experience
- Certificate IV in Child, Youth & Family Interventions (OHC) or have completed relevant top-up units
- An ability to work flexibly to meet the challenging needs of young people
- Excellent organisational, time management skills, and ability to be self-directed
- Well-developed supervision skills and demonstrated experience in staff management
- Hold a Victorian driver license
- Demonstrated awareness and commitment to working within the ‘Best Interests Principles’ outlined within the Children, Youth and Families Act 2005.
- An understanding of cultural contexts and the unique needs of Aboriginal children and young people.
- Other duties as required
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
For a detailed position description, PD_House Coordinator_KEYS_October 2018.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Sinead Crowe on Sinead.firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 23/11/2018
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend