Job no: 499940
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Community Development
- Based in Bendigo.
- Full Time – 38 hours a week
- Salary packaging available
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The 2 House Coordinator positions are in 2 separate well established Residential Care homes. There are 4 residential homes in total in the Bendigo region.
In this role you will provide leadership, support and supervision to the residential youth workers and manage the day to day functions of the house, playing a lead role in the creation of a positive therapeutic culture. You will be part of a broader residential services leadership team within the region which will provide support to you in this role.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Early Childhood Specialist and/or related behavioural sciences with substantial experience; or associate diploma level with substantial experience in the relevant field/services.
- Current first aid certificate.
- An understanding of developmental trauma and how best to work with young people in OOHC.
- An ability to work flexibly to meet the challenging needs of young people.
- Exceptional and well-developed supervision skills and demonstrated experience in staff management and leadership.
- Understanding of the DHHS standards for Residential care.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
Detailed Position Description PD - House Coordinator - Residential Care - October 2018.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to create an account using a personal email address and complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries please contact Kelsey Hayes, Team Leader Residential Services on 5440 1100.
Applications close Tuesday 20 November 2018.
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend