Senior Therapeutic Children's Support Practitioner
Job no: 499967
Work type: Full Time
Location: Regional Victoria – Gippsland
Categories: Community Development
- Join our friendly and supportive team working with children and families
- Ongoing support and guidance is provided with this role
- Full time position, 38 hours per week
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
Key responsibilities include : The Therapeutic Foster Care Worker is primarily responsible for the support of carers and for developing and supporting a support network of carers for each child. The Therapeutic Foster Care Worker will work collaboratively with the Circle practitioners and other care team members to ensure the development of a therapeutically oriented, culturally appropriate care plan for each child.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in social work, psychology, welfare or related discipline and experience
- An ability to prepare written reports, maintain records and manage time effectively and efficiently
- An ability to provide a case management service in complex family circumstances where multiple service providers may be involved
- An ability to liaise with and coordinate the actions of clients, volunteer caregivers and a range of professionals and other services
- Effective conflict resolution skills, including the ability to appropriately balance the competing demands and interests of key stakeholders such as clients, caregivers, families and the organisation
- Sound skills in assessment and planning
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
How to Apply:
Detailed Position Description PD_Senior Worker _TS HBC_Gippsland_ FT ongoing_Oct.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Rebecca Virtue on 5135 9555
Applications close 16 November 2018
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend