Team Leader Family Services (Yaail Lung Dardee Stronger Families)
Job no: 499983
Work type: Full Time
Location: Regional Victoria – Gippsland
Categories: Community Development, Family Services
- A great role for anyone passionate about leading a team of staff who work with children with their families to reduce risks to ensure children can safely remain in their parents care.
- Primarily located at Morwell, with travel to other Gippsland offices as required.
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
This role will lead a team of staff to perform whole-of-family case support and specialist services to enable children, who are at risk of being placed in care for the first time, to remain at home with their parents or to support their return home to their parents’ care when it is safe to do so.
- Provide supervision and guidance to staff in the delivery of therapeutic family casework service, working in partnership with families to achieve their goals and improve the safety and stability of the family home for the children and divert them from out of home placement.
- Work in partnership with the Manager to develop the program and ensure quality and compliance.
- To work collaboratively with Child Protection in providing an appropriate service response in line with Best Interest Assessment principals
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in social work, psychology, Early Childhood Specialist and/or related behavioural sciences at degree level; or diploma level with a minimum of two years relevant experience.
- Experience in leadership and working with families in any of the following services areas; family services, child protection, housing, domestic violence, mental health and alcohol and other drugs.
- Demonstrated awareness and commitment to working within the ‘Best Interest Principles’ outlined within the Child, Youth and Families Act 2005.
- Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
You a copy of the position description, PD_TL FS YLDSF_Gippsland_October 2018.pdf
For further enquiries contact Lee McNeill on 51359555
Applications close 18 November, 2018
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend