Job no: 500048
Work type: Full Time Limited Tenure
Categories: Community Development
- Full time position until 31 December 2019
- Benidgo based
- Salary packaging is offered with this position
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The Leaving Care program provides youth focused assistance to young people aged between 16 - 21 years who have left out-of-home care and are seeking support. This role will provide occupational-focused assessments and interventions, secondary consultations and project support .
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A qualification in Occupational Therapy with current AHPRA registration
- Resilience and understanding to work with, and build rapid engagement to support high risk young people, who have been exposed to trauma, violence or neglect.
- Demonstrated knowledge of trauma informed care and how this may impact on an adolescent’s development.
- Experience in implementing occupational-focused assessments and interventions with complex client groups
- Experience working collaboratively with others, maintaining effective relationships and navigating the service system to achieve positive outcomes for clients
- Experience in reviewing and developing system improvements, in addition to having well developed communication skills
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
Detailed Position Description PD- Occupational Therapist - Leaving Care - November 2018.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Leigh Brown, Team Leader on (03) 5440 1100
Applications close 13 December 2018
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend