Family Services Case Support Worker
Job no: 500107
Work type: Full Time Limited Tenure
Categories: Community Development, Family Services
- Full time, negotiable
- Located at our Hargreaves Street office in Bendigo
- Limited tenure until 28th of June 2019, with the possibility of extension
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The role involves supporting the Family Services team in the provision of an in-home family casework service. The team work in partnership with families with the aim of strengthening parenting capacity and family resilience. The work involves taking steps to reduce risks to children's safety and well being and that of other family members, as well as working with families to empower them to manage their life situation and to take charge of their lives, including having a positive engagement with their community.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Have:
- skills to engage with families and children
- ability to work alongside and in conjunction with Family Services Practitioners in their interventions with families
- a strong desire to support family's to connect with services in the community
- an ability to promote the safety and well being of children, young people and families
- good attention to detail, time management and communication skills
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
How to Apply:
Detailed Position Description PD - Case Support Worker - Family Services - Nov 2018.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Cassi Cox, Team Leader Family Services on 03 5440 1100.
Applications close: Friday 14 December 2018
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend