Family Services Practitioner
Job no: 500112
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Community Development
- Changing Futures Practitioner SCHADS Social Worker Level 5
- Position located at our Bendigo office
- Full time position
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
Changing Futures is an innovative model working with vulnerable children and families who are subject to repeated prior involvement with statutory child protection services. The aim of the program is to promote the health, safety and well being of children and to assist parents to make positive changes to their lives.
In this role you will work flexibly to meet the requirements of the children and families with whom you work. Your work will focus on empowering families by building on their strengths, assisting them to experience greater social participation and inclusion, and helping equip parents with greater knowledge about their children’s development and sound parenting strategies they can use to best meet developmental needs.
Inclusion of an evaluation/research component ensures that the intervention remains outcome focused and captures both quantitative and qualitative data to inform the evaluation as to the effectiveness of the model. This component will also provide for real-time outcome data, which will inform the ongoing work with the family as well as gaining a deeper understanding of the elements of intervention about what works and for whom.
To Be Successful in either Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Early Childhood Specialist and/or related behavioural sciences with relevant experience in the field.
- Resilience to work with and support clients who have been exposed to trauma.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct comprehensive child focused safety and well-being assessments and make sound judgments in relation to prescribed actions.
- Sound understanding of the child protection system and child welfare work.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of individual and systemic theories that underpin effective, intensive, in-home family based interventions, including motivational interviewing and social inclusion.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
How to apply:
Detailed Position Description: PD - Changing Futures Practitioner - Nov 2018.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Cassi Cox, Team Leader Family Services on (03) 5440 1100.
Applications close COB Monday 17 December 2018.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend