Caring Dads Case Support Worker
Job no: 500117
Work type: Part Time
Location: Regional Victoria – Gippsland
Categories: Community Development
- Join an organisation that is making a difference, immediate start available
- Located at our Morwell office, with travel across Latrobe, Baw Baw and South Coast Shires.
- Flexible part time position until June 2019 with some work outside normal business hours.
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
Caring Dads is an early intervention program developed in Canada by the University of Toronto and Changing Ways, for fathers who have physically abused, emotionally abused or neglected their children, or exposed their children to domestic violence or who are deemed to be at high-risk for these behaviours. Anglicare Victoria Western Region are in partnership with IPC Health to trial this program in partnership with the Children’s Protection Society.
The program consists of a 17-week, empirically-based, manualized group parenting intervention for fathers, systematic outreach to mothers to ensure safety and freedom from coercion, and ongoing, collaborative case management of fathers with existing service providers and other professionals involved with men’s families. Caring Dads combines elements of parenting, fathering, family violence and child protection practice to enhance the safety and well-being of children.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Early Childhood Specialist and/or related behavioural sciences at degree level; or associate diploma level with substantial experience in the relevant service stream, or less formal qualifications with specialised skills sufficient to perform at this level;
- Registration with a professional body is also desirable;
- Experience facilitating group work;
- Demonstrated understanding and skill in applying the relevant case practice models in undertaking assessments, decision-making, planning and interventions to respond to the client's needs;
- Experience and understanding of the Family Violence system, Family Violence theoretical frameworks, advanced understanding of the Child Protection system and extensive experience in undertaking risk assessments and working with high risk statutory clients.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
Detailed Position Description PD_Caring Dads Case Support Worker _Nov 2018.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Emily Walker on 5135 9555.
Applications close 14th December 2018
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend