Senior Case Worker - Family Services (Cradle to Kinder)
Job no: 500143
Work type: Full Time
Location: Regional Victoria – Gippsland
Categories: Community Development
- A great role for anyone passionate about working to safely maintain children with their families.
- Join a dynamic team working with vulnerable families and children with complex needs.
- Primarily located at Wonthaggi with travel to other Gippsland offices as required.
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The Family Services (Cradle to Kinder) program is an intensive ante and post-natal support service to provide long term, intensive family and early parenting support for vulnerable young families
Using a strengths-based approach, the Family Services (Cradle to Kinder) Senior Caseworker will:
Provide child-centred family focused case management and support to vulnerable families who are referred to the program from pre-birth until the child reaches 4 years of age or the family no longer requires the service.
Work with families within a multidisciplinary team to build the capacity of the mothers to meet the child’s health, safety and developmental needs and to build self-resilience through linkages to education and training.
- Provide a therapeutic family casework service, working in partnership with families to achieve their goals: to enhance the child/children’s development and family functioning, ensuring the safety of all family members including reducing risks to children’s safety and wellbeing.
The Successful applicant
- A relevant tertiary qualifications in social work, psychology, Early Childhood Specialist Education and/or related behavioural sciences with a minimum of three years relevant experience.
- Demonstrated awareness and commitment to working within the “Best Interest Principles” outlines within the Child, Youth and Families Act 2005
- An understanding of the social context of child abuse and neglect
- Demonstrated ability to conduct comprehensive child focused safety and wellbeing assessments and make sound judgments in relation to prescribed actions.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of individual and systemic theories that underpin effective, intensive, in-home family based interventions, including motivational interviewing and social inclusion.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Lee McNeill on 51359555
For a detailed position description PD_Senior Case Practitioner_Gippsland_Nov 2018.pdf
Applications close December 12, 2018
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend