Community Engagement Worker
Job no: 500145
Work type: Part Time
Location: Regional Victoria – North
Categories: Community Development
- Part time, contract to 30.06.2019
- Mildura Location
- Salary packaging available
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
This position is based within the Community Services suite of programs. In this role you will be predominately responsible for providing Community Education for the Gambler’s Help program but will also provide education for the Financial Wellbeing and Victims Assistance Programs across the Mallee region. The Gambler’s Help program provides counselling and education services for clients impacted by gambling. The Financial Wellbeing program provides a range of programs include Financial Counselling, Financial Literacy and Microfinance to address financial difficulty and financial exclusion. The Victims Assistance Programs support to victims of violent crime against the person to overcome the effects of the crime.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Community Development, Public Health, or Education at degree level with substantial experience; or associate Diploma level with substantial experience in the relevant service stream; or less formal qualifications with specialized skills sufficient to perform at this level.
- To hold or be willing to complete a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, .
- An understanding of the impact of problem gambling, financial difficulty and crime against the person on individuals, families and communities.
- Experience in the delivery of health promotion activities in a range of settings.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
How to Apply:
Detailed Position Description PD - Community Engagement Worker - St Lukes - Nov 2018.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Tracey Grinter, Program Manager Community Services on 03 5440 1100.
Applications close: Thursday 20 December 2018.
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend