ChildFIRST Intake Worker
Job no: 500149
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Community Development
- Join a friendly supportive team
- Located in Bendigo
- Full time position ongoing
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
Anglicare Victoria is agency who provides Child FIRST within the Loddon area. The Loddon area includes six Local Government Areas; such as, Macedon Ranges, Mt Alexander Shire, Central Goldfields, City of Greater Bendigo, Loddon Shire and the Campaspe Shire. Child FIRST is a community based intake and referral point into support services for children and families, including the Integrated Family Services programs in the catchment.
The Intake worker will receive referrals into the program, undertake initial information gathering and needs assessment, including the assessment of risk, provide information and advice to referrers.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Early Childhood Specialist and/or related behavioural sciences at degree level with substantial experience; or associate diploma level with substantial experience in the relevant service stream, or less formal qualifications with specialised skills sufficient to perform at this level
- Resilience to work with and support clients who have been exposed to trauma
- Demonstrated ability to conduct comprehensive safety and wellbeing assessments and work within the ‘Best Interests Principles’ outlined within the Children, Youth and Families Act 2005; Sound understanding of Integrated Family Services and Child Protection system and ability to liaise and negotiate with DHS Child Protection in relation to addressing protective concerns for children;
- Effective written and verbal communication skills including very good computer skills
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
Detailed Position Description: PD_Child FIRST worker November 2018.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Liz Mertz on (03) 5440 1100.
Applications close Monday 17 December 2018.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend