Residential Care Case Manager
Job no: 500153
Work type: Full Time
Location: Eastern Suburbs
Categories: Community Development
- Salary Packaging is offered with this position
- Located in the Inner East and working with a highly committed and dynamic team of residential youth workers.
- Full time, ongoing position
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
Overview of Program
Anglicare Victoria’s residential program provides accommodation and support for children / young people up to the age of 18 years requiring placement within a Residential Care setting.
The program operates as part of an integrated service response aimed at addressing protective issues, Court dispositions covered by the Children and Young Person’s Act, issues of family conflict, or family and/or personal and developmental crises.
The Case Manager position plays an integral role within the Residential Care team. They are responsible for the case management of 4 young people across the program and work closely with staff and DHHS in the provision of care of the young people.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- An understanding of the issues relating to the placement of children in alternative placement contexts and with child protection involvement.
- Experience in the case management of families and individuals and an ability to provide a case management service in complex family circumstances where multiple service providers may be involved and/or there are complex family issue.
- Demonstrated awareness and commitment to working within the ‘Best Interest Principles’ outlined within the Child, Youth and Families Act 2005 and the ability to contribute to the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of client service plans/Best Interest case plans.
- Ability to work both individually and as a member of a team, and to contribute to program development, implementation and evaluation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, negotiation and liaison skills and the ability to work with government and non-government organisations, community groups and families.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
How to Apply:
Detailed Position Description PD_Residential Case Manager_OOHC_Dec 2018.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Brie Weaver on 9896 6322
Applications close: Friday 14th December 2018 at 5pm.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend