After Hours Practitioner
Job no: 500179
Work type: Part Time
Categories: Community Development
- Bendigo location
- Salary packaging available
- Flexibility in hours will be considered
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
Anglicare Victoria are establishing a new after hour’s response team. This exciting new role, will have the opportunity to be part of the new stand-alone service, which will provide a streamlined response to our clients. Programs in the Bendigo area that the after hour’s team will respond to, will include but not be limited to:
- Residential Care
- Intensive Case Management Services (ICMS)
- Home Based Care
- Parenting Assessment and Skills Development Services (PASDS)
- Targeted Care Package (TCP)
In this role you will provide a high quality risk assessment, advocacy, and will coordinate and manage any complex issues which arise out of business hours. This support will be provided to clients, staff and volunteers and will primarily be provided by telephone, however in person responses will also occur as needed.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Have:
- Tertiary qualifications, preferably in social work, psychology or behavioural sciences or equivalent.
- Excellent understanding and experience working within the child protection, placement and support services and family service system, including relevant legislative and policy framework.
- Highly developed skills in risk assessment and responding to and managing complex, high risk and critical incidents across statutory and other services.
- Excellent knowledge of, and experience in the application of relevant theoretical approaches that underpin casework practice (including theories of child attachment, development and abuse) to vulnerable children, young people and families.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
Detailed Position Description: PD - After Hours Practitioner - After Hours Service - Bendigo - Ongoing Part Time - Dec 2018.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Melissah Charlton, Project Manager on (03) 9412 6002.
Applications close 2 January 2019.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend