Casual Residential Youth Worker
Job no: 500186
Work type: Casual
Location: Regional Victoria – North
Categories: Community Development
- Positive work environment.
- Located in Seymour Victoria
- Variety of day, weekend and afternoon shifts.
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
As a Residential Youth Worker you will be working directly with young people assisting them to develop day-to-day living skills, social and relationship skills, while maintaining a safe and positive environment. You will work within a broader team of staff and other key professionals to ensure that the wellbeing and safety of young people is maintained. You will be able to manage trauma-based behaviour and critical incidents. You will be required to work within Anglicare Victoria's residential framework to ensure a quality service delivery in line with DHHS policy and program requirements.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant qualification (minimum Cert IV) in Child, Youth and Family Intervention (Residential and Out of Home Care), or a willingness to undertake top up training for this qualification.
- Relevant experience and competence in the Human Services field including working with young people in a residential setting.
- Ability and willingness to work effectively as part of a team, to meet program goals and objectives.
- Appropriate and effective verbal and written communication and negotiation skills.
- Commitment to the principles and practice of quality care in residential settings for the most vulnerable and disadvantaged young people, and to promote autonomy and self-determination for clients.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
How to Apply:
Detailed Position Description PD_Residential Youth Worker_East_Casual_Dec 2018.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Jacinta Lucas on 0499 104 430 .
Applications close 17th December, 2018.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend