Functional Family Therapy Practitioner
Job no: 500278
Work type: Full Time
Location: Northern Suburbs
Categories: Community Development
- Multiple full time positions
- Internationally renowned evidence based program
- Working with vulnerable young people and families.
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
Functional Family Therapy (FFT®) is an internationally renowned evidence based program with a proven track record in reducing recidivism. FFT works primarily with young people aged 11 to 17 years. The Anglicare Victoria FFT program will address young people’s offending behaviour who are subject to the new Youth Control Order (YCO) and a new Intensive Monitoring and Control Bail Supervision Scheme (Intensive Bail).
FFT works closely with families and is designed to improve family dynamics, communication and supportiveness while decreasing intense negativity and dysfunctional patterns of behaviour. FFT Practitioners will receive expert coaching and support to work with young people in this program.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- Tertiary qualifications, preferably in social work, psychology or behavioural sciences or equivalent.
- Excellent understanding of the child and family service system, including legislative and policy frameworks.
- Excellent knowledge of, and experience in the application of relevant theoretical approaches that underpin casework practice to vulnerable children, young people and families.
- Excellent skills in providing expert case consultation and advice to complex cases, particularly around risk, safety and well being assessments.
- Sound understanding of culturally sensitive practice and is able to establish rapport and relate sensitively with Aboriginal and culturally diverse groups.
- Excellent skills in providing expert case consultation and advice to other professionals, particularly around trauma, attachment and development assessments.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and direct service in the clinical assessment and treatment of children, young people and families.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
For a detailed position description: PD - Practioner FFT - Jan 2019.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further information or a discussion about any of the roles please contact David Poynter, General Manager Research Based Models 03 9412 6133 or at email@example.com
Applications close Thursday 31 January 2019.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend