Foster Care Recruitment and Support Worker
Job no: 500331
Work type: Part Time
Location: Northern Suburbs
Categories: Community Development, Foster Care
- Salary packaging is offered with this part time position, based in Broadmeadows
- Pave the way for a fulfilling and focused career
- Opportunity to network with other professionals
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The Home Based Care (HBC) Program in Anglicare Victoria’s North and West Areas provides foster care to children and young people. The Volunteer Recruitment & Support (VR&S) Team, as part of the HBC Program, works to recruit and retain foster carers as well as providing them with the required training and support. This is important role you will be providing our carers with the skills and knowledge to provide care to children and young people and mitigate the risk of placement breakdowns.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in social work, welfare, marketing or related disciplines.
- Demonstrated relevant experience, particularly in working with volunteers and the community services sector.
- Excellent communication skills including with an ability to engage with a wide range of people, including caregivers, professional staff, media outlets and community organisations.
- Demonstrated training and assessment skills including the presentation/facilitation of training/information sessions, and conducting pre accreditation assessments.
- Demonstrated ability to devise and implement media campaigns in a creative and professional manner pertinent to the needs of Home Based Care recruitment.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
How to Apply:
Detailed Position Description PD - Foster Carer Recruitment and Support Worker - Jan 2019.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Liesl Trenfield, Team Leader Volunteer Recruitment & Support on 03 9301 5200.
Applications close 6 February 2019.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend