Job no: 500548
Work type: Full Time
Location: Regional Victoria – Gippsland
Categories: Community Development
Gippsland Community Legal Service (GCLS) is a non-profit service managed by Anglicare Victoria. GCLS is funded by the Federal Government to deliver free legal services throughout the Gippsland region.
- Full Time - 38hrs per week
- Morwell, with travel to other Gippsland office locations as required
- Salary packaging is offered with this position
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The mission of GCLS is to improve access to justice for all members of the Gippsland community by providing legal advice and advocacy, empowering individuals and groups through community education, and to remove systemic injustice by advocating for law reform.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- Hold or be eligible to hold a Principal Practicing certificate, with eligibility to hold trust money.
- Knowledge of all relevant professional practice requirements as they relate to the operations of the legal service and to the position of Principal Lawyer.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and support the legal aspects of a team of lawyers, volunteers and administrative staff.
- Client-focused, with high level written and verbal communication skills.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
How to Apply:
For a detailed position description, PD_Principal Lawyer_GCLS_full time_ Jan 2019.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Michelle Taranto on 51359555.
Applications close: Wednesday 20th February 2019
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend