Residential Youth Worker - Casual
Job no: 500563
Work type: Casual
Categories: Community Development, Residential Services
- Working Across multiple Residential Houses
- A range of shift times can be required allowing for flexibility
- Working in a community focus organisation
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The Position of Residential Youth Worker is a casual position working in the Residential Care Programs, Anglicare, Bendigo. You will have the opportunity to work across 4 established Residential Care Houses in the local community. Shifts on offer are across a day time, afternoon, evening, sleep over and stand up shifts. Working in a dynamic workforce, with options for training and skill development.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention (Residential and Out of Home Care). Alternatively a relevant tertiary qualification which is recognized under the Residential Care Workforce Training Initiative (see appendix 1), and a willingness to undertake top up training to meet the qualification requirements of the Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention (Residential and Out of Home Care).
- Current First Aid Certificate.
- Commitment to the principles and practice of quality care in residential settings for the most vulnerable and disadvantaged young people, and to promote autonomy and self-determination for clients.
- Relevant experience and competence in the Human Service field including working with young people across various ages.
- Capacity and commitment to work effectively with young people in a residential setting to achieve planned change.
- Ability and willingness to work effectively as part of a team, to meet program goals and objectives.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
How To Apply:
Detailed Position Description PD - Residential Youth Worker - Casual - Jan2019.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Kelsey Hayes, Team Leader Residential Services on 0437 508 982.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend