Case Manager Kinship Care
Job no: 500721
Work type: Full Time
Location: Western Suburbs
Categories: Community Development
- Help change the immediate future of at risk children and young people
- Join a supportive and friendly team environment
- Bring your enthusiasm and creativity to a well respected group of professionals
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The position is responsible for providing a case management service for children and young people residing in Kinship care arrangements in the Western Region. The position aims:
- To more effectively harness the capacity of extended family networks to provide the best possible kinship care arrangement for children unable to live with their own parents.
- To assist kinship carers to provide ongoing, normative and age appropriate life experiences for children with the minimum level of professional intervention from the formal service system, building on their informal supports and other available community resources.
- To ensure that the kinship care placements arranged for the most vulnerable children as a result of child protection involvement are more effectively established, supported and monitored so that they meet each child’s ongoing safety, stability and developmental needs.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, and/or related behavioural sciences at degree level with substantial experience; or associate diploma level with substantial experience in the relevant service stream, or less formal qualifications with specialised skills sufficient to perform at this level.
- An ability to provide a case management service in complex family circumstances where multiple service providers may be involved and/or there are complex family issues.
- An understanding of the issues relating to the placement of children in alternative placement contexts and with child protection involvement.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
How to Apply:
Detailed Position Description PD - Case Manager - Kinship Care - West - March 2019.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Miriyana Domazetovska, Team Leader Kinship Care on 03 9396 7400 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: Thursday 21st March 2019.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend