Rapid Response Practitioner
Job no: 501085
Work type: Full Time
Location: Eastern Suburbs
Categories: Family Services, Youth Services
- Full time, ongoing, Eastern Region, primarily at Lilydale
- SCHADS Level 6
- Modern and versatile technology and connectivity
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The Outer-East Rapid Response team compliments the suite of family supports within the Integrated Family Service Program. This program aims to prevent children being placed in Out of Home Care (OoHC) by providing their families with short-term intensive interventions, focused on assisting families to acquire and build important skills and knowledge, access resources and develop plans that reduce the risk to children.
Rapid Response is an evidence-informed program that uses various frameworks such as Signs of Safety, Homebuilders model and motivational interviewing to facilitate change. Referrals are made by Child Protection at the point the child/young person being at imminent risk of removal.
Rapid Response responds to referrals within 24-48 hours to provide an intensive 4 week service aimed at family preservation. The intensive hours are delivered in a flexible way that meets the family’s needs.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work or related field
- Excellent understanding of issues that impact on families’ ability to provide for the children’s safety and wellbeing and factors required to support family preservation/placement prevention
- Demonstrated experience in using relevant theoretical approaches, cognitive and behavioural interventions and teaching methods to implement change in families with complex vulnerabilities.
- Highly developed skills in conducting risk and needs assessments, specifically safety and wellbeing of children and young people, and skills in developing attainable goals that focus on positive outcomes.
- Sound understanding of Child Protection and broader service system and ability to work collaboratively with care teams to support a coordinated service system around families.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For a detailed position description, PD_Rapid Response Practitioner_East April 2018.pdf
For further enquiries contact Sonia D'Urbano on 9735 4188
Applications close: 30 May 2019
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend