Family Services Practitioner
Job no: 501181
Work type: Part Time Limited Tenure
Location: Western Suburbs
Categories: Community Development
- Join a dynamic team working with vulnerable children and families
- Located in our Yarraville Office
- Part Time Parental Leave Position
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
We are looking for someone with excellent assessment skills, the ability to effectively engage children, young people and their families, demonstrated experience in working collaboratively with families and the capacity to identify family strengths and competencies, in order to facilitate positive change. The positions will work across the Integrated Family Services program and Choices Program in Yarraville. Choices is a case management program supporting parents and pregnant young women under 25 years of age.
This position involves outreach and office based role, group work and in-home skill development with the aim of strengthening parenting capacity, achieving developmental milestones and family resilience.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Early Childhood Specialist and/or related behavioural sciences at degree level with substantial experience; or associate diploma level with substantial experience in the relevant service stream, or less formal qualifications with specialised skills sufficient to perform at this level;
- Resilience to work with and support clients who have been exposed to trauma;
- Experience in working with families, particularly young parents in any of the following service areas is desirable: family services, child protection, housing, domestic violence, mental health, and/or alcohol and other drugs;
- Demonstrated experience working with high needs, complex families, utilizing a child focused family centred approach;
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders to reach the best outcomes for children, youth and families.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
How to Apply:
Detailed Position Description PD - Family Services Practitioner - Family Services - West - May 2019.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries please contact Lisa Johnston, Team Leader Family Services on 03 9396 7400.
Applications close Tuesday 21 May 2019.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend