Therapeutic House Coordinator
Job no: 501188
Work type: Full Time
Location: Eastern Suburbs
Categories: Community Development
- Salary Packaging is offered with this position
- Located in the outer East and working with a highly committed and dynamic team of residential youth workers.
- Full time, ongoing position
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The position is directly responsible to the senior team leader for the following objectives:
- Provide leadership, support and supervision to residential youth workers, and play a lead role in the creation of a positive therapeutic culture within the home.
- Ensure that appropriate therapeutic interventions and responses are used to work with all children and young people in residential care that promote stability, development and long term planning.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of a safe, secure and planned environment where the developmental needs of children and young people are effectively met as per program guidelines.
- Ensure that all Looking After Children (LAC) requirements are adhered too for all children and young people in residential care.
- Work as part of a broader team to deliver high quality care to young people in residential care.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention (Residential and Out of Home Care). Alternatively a relevant tertiary qualification which is recognized under the Residential Care Workforce Training Initiative and a willingness to undertake top up training to meet the qualification requirements of the Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention (Residential and Out of Home Care).
- High level written and verbal communication skills.
- Well developed supervision skills and demonstrated experience in managing a staffing team.
Specialist Expertise / Role Specific Requirements
- High level knowledge of adolescent and child development and the theories relating to Trauma and Attachment as the aftermath of abuse and neglect.
- Highly developed skills in managing the challenging and confronting behaviours that arise from this; in a calm and consistent manner and modelling this to staff.
- Ability to provide strong leadership, direction and coaching to residential care staff.
- Ability to oversee all facets and requirements of the residential program as it relates to community, agency and government expectations and requirements.
- Experience in and/or understanding of the child protection system would be an advantage.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
How to Apply:
Detailed Position Description PD_Team Leader Child and Family Services_Family services_East_April 2019.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Brie Weaver on 9896 6322.
Applications close: 22 May 2019 at 5pm.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend