First 1000 Days Engagement Officer
Job no: 501225
Work type: Part Time Limited Tenure
Location: Regional Victoria – Gippsland
Categories: Community Development
- Be part of an exciting new project with professional development opportunities
- Salary packaging is available with this position
- Part time: 30.4 hours per week.
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
First 1000 days Project
An exciting opportunity exists to be involved in the Latrobe First 1000 Days project. This project aims to enhance the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families with children in the first 1000 days of their life. Latrobe City Council and Anglicare Victoria are partners in this project in the Latrobe community.
- Facilitate engagement with the Aboriginal community in implementing The Journey while promoting the importance of the First 100 Days
- Provide a trusted voice to the Aboriginal community ensuring The Journey is responsive to the views and needs of the community
- Participate in relevant networks and maintain positive relationships with the community
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- Capacity and commitment to work with parents and children as well as an established link to the Aboriginal Community
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team and independently
- Appropriate verbal and written communication and organisation skills.
- An ability to set and maintain clear boundaries and expectations while ensuring confidentiality and privacy is maintained
- Developed negotiation and problem solving skills
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
For a detailed position description, PD_First 1000 Days_Gippsland_May 2019.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Michelle Taranto on 5135 9555
Applications close 24th May 2019
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend