Youth Support Worker
Job no: 501253
Work type: Casual
Location: Eastern Suburbs
Categories: Community Development
- Salary packaging offered in this position
- Located in Burwood
- Casual with the possibility of a fixed term contract.
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
Seeking a hardworking and motivated individual to perform a case management role within the Kirrang Wilam Enhanced Youth Refuge. This position requires an individual with a strong working knowledge of the youth homelessness sector and the ability to work with young people from a wide variety of backgrounds. This position requires a competency in case management as well as the ability to contribute to the day to day operations of the refuge.
To be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in social work, youth work. Psychology or welfare, and/or relevant experience.
- Capacity and commitment to work effectively with young people in case management role
- Relevant experience and competence in the Human Service field including working with young people across ages.
- Ability and willingness to work effectively as part of a team, to meet program goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated understanding of complex mental health and drug and alcohol issues.
- Appropriate verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly effective communication and negotiation skills.
- Commitment to the principles and practice of quality care in residential settings for the most vulnerable and disadvantaged young people, and to promote autonomy and self-determination for clients.
Please note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and a satisfactory National Criminal History Check for all positions within Anglicare Victoria.
How to Apply:
Detailed Position Description PD_Youth Support Worker KW_East_Casual_May 2018.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Mare McCleary on 03 9830 6510 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 29 May 2019
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honor their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend