Be part of our Anglicare Victoria’s After Hours service, which provides an out of business hours response to Out of Home Care and other relevant services.
- Senior Practitioner SCHADS 6 Level (Plus relevant evening and weekend penalties, and OnCall and Recall Allowance). OnCall/Recall allowance paid with generous penalties.
- Flexible, Part Time role with great earning potential.
- Based in Bendigo.
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The After Hours Practitioner will provide high quality risk assessment, advocacy, and will coordinate and manage any complex issues which arise out of business hours, across Out of Home Care and other relevant services. This will include conducting risk and referral assessments to determine the current and ongoing risks, as well as negotiating with relevant stakeholders (including but not limited to DHHS, Police, Hospitals etc.) to implement a response which is in the best interests of all involved.
You will be an active part of the emergency after hour’s roster, which includes evening, weekend and OnCall/ReCall work, both over the phone and in person if required. This position will also include rostered daytime hours for Supervision and Team Meetings and excellent training and networking opportunities.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- Tertiary qualifications, preferably in social work, psychology or behavioural sciences or equivalent.
- Excellent understanding and experience working within the child protection, placement and support, and family service system, including a sound understanding of relevant legislative and policy framework.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent communication and negotiation skills, both over the phone and in person, in complex and demanding situations.
- Experience in working in a fast paced, high pressured situations, which includes triaging complex issues, and negotiating with other stakeholders including statutory services.
- Highly developed skills in risk assessment and responding to and managing complex, high risk and critical incidents across statutory and other services.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience in the application of relevant theoretical approaches that underpin practice.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
How to Apply:
Detailed Position Description PD - After Hours Practitioner - After Hours Service - Bendigo - May 2019.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Melissah Charlton, Project Manager Client Services on 03 9412 6133.
Applications close Monday 27 May 2019.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.