Make a difference for young people!
Do you want to be involved in an innovative project that aims to improve the mental health and well being outcomes of young people (12 – 25 years) across Central Victoria?
We are looking for 2 x Project Workers to be involved in this project.
- Join an organisation that is making a difference.
- Located in the Central Victoria
- Use your project management skills to make an impact, in collaboration with young people and communities
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
Youth our Critical Asset is an innovative project aimed at improving the mental health and wellbeing outcomes of young people (12 – 25 years) across Central Victoria. A co-design approach has been adopted to ensure that young people directly inform the project design, implementation and evaluation.
The project specifically aims to improve the awareness and accessibility of youth mental health prevention and promotion services, programs and activities through the implementation of mobile and digital infrastructure.
The project is funded by DHHS and supported by the Loddon-Campaspe Regional Partnership. The project is managed through the Youth our Critical Asset Steering Committee.
Anglicare Victoria is a significant regional provider of Youth Services, and is pleased to provide the management and support of the two project workers. The project will involve engagement with young people across a large geographical area and therefore some flexibility will be required with respect to the spread of working hours.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need to have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Community Services, Social Work, Psychology, Youth Work and/or related behavioural sciences at degree level or diploma level with substantial experience. Other relevant qualifications may be considered.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in co-design approach, and understanding of placed based needs and approaches.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of the service system as it relates to this project, in particular of the youth sector and mental health prevention and promotion.
- Demonstrated experience/skills in project management and ability to manage projects effectively with sound written, verbal and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to collaboratively work with diverse stakeholders.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
How to Apply:
Position description PD - Project Worker Youth Our Critical Asset - Youth Services - May 2019.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Kirsten Rabbitt, Program Manager, Youth and Community Services on 03 5440 1100.
Applications close Monday 27 May 2019.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, and physical ability.