Family Practitioner Rapid Response
Job no: 501557
Work type: Full Time Limited Tenure
Location: Northern Suburbs
Categories: Community Development, Family Services
- Full-time Parental Leave position until 10-8-2020
- Work intensively with families where there is a child/ren at risk of entering OoHC and preserve families through a tailored, holistic service response
- Ensure that families are connected to appropriate services & supports once the service has concluded
In the Rapid Response program, families are provided with short-term intensive interventions, focused on assisting families to acquire and build important skills and knowledge, access resources and develop plans that reduce the risk to children.
This program complements the suite of Family Services provided by Anglicare Victoria based in the Northern region.
- Provide intensive, short-term intervention in the family home at flexible times when families are most receptive to learning. This may include early mornings and evenings and if needed, weekends.
- Conduct behaviourally specific, interactive and holistic assessments, which includes information about family strengths, problems, needs, values, skills and potential barriers to goal attainment.
- Provide interventions that support families to achieve timely goal attainment, in order to prevent their children being placed in Out-of-Home Care.
- Work collaboratively with DHHS Child Protection, other professionals and families’ broader social networks to ensure a coordinated support plan is in place.
- Use a variety of behavioural intervention strategies to facilitate behaviour change and employ a variety of teaching methods.
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Early Childhood and/or related behavioural sciences at degree level or associate diploma level with relevant experience.
- Demonstrated resilience to work with and support clients who have been exposed to trauma.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct comprehensive safety and wellbeing assessments that identify the health, wellbeing and safety needs of the children involved, as well as the capacity and constraints of families to make necessary changes.
- Demonstrated experience working with families with multiple and complex needs, utilising a child focused family centred approach. Demonstrated experience in parenting educational programs/approaches and familiarity with a wide range of theoretical approaches to understand the experience of children and families, including motivational interviewing and social inclusion.
- Sound understanding of the Child Protection system and child welfare work and demonstrated ability to liaise and negotiate with DHHS Child Protection in relation to addressing protective concerns for children.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills and ability to be self-directed.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
Detailed Position Description PD - Family Practitioner - Rapid Response - North - June 2019.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries please contact Jan Pfeiffer, Program Manager Family Services on 0408 053 196 or Pattama Street, Team Leader Rapid Response on 0417 331 742.
Applications close 23 July 2019.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend