Job no: 501664
Work type: Part Time
Location: Regional Victoria – Gippsland
Categories: Community Development
- Making a difference in your local community
- Supported and trained to undertake complex and rewarding work
- The role is 30.4 hour week (4 days) as a 12 month contract
Gippsland Community Legal Service (GCLS) is a non-profit service of Anglicare Victoria. The mission of GCLS is to improve access to justice for all members of the Gippsland Community by providing legal advice and advocacy, empowering individuals and groups through community education, and to remove systemic injustice by advocating for law reform.
Community Paralegal, provides essential legal services to vulnerable people in our Gippsland community.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need to:
- Have completed or be enrolled in a legal studies certificate, diploma or degree or is currently awaiting admittance to the bar as a Legal Practitioner in Victoria
- Demonstrated knowledge of key legislation, practices and procedures across a range of legislation, family law, family violence, tenancy, employment, mental health, infringements, debts, and administrative law.
- work with and support clients who have been exposed to trauma.
- have a commitment to the promotion of social justice and human rights.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
For a detailed position description, PD_Community Paralegal_GLS_June 2019.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Michelle Taranto on 51359555.
Applications close 19th July 2019
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend