Payroll Services Manager
- Growing Not For Profit organisation with a large scope of practice and diverse workforce of over 1,600 employees
- Full Time position based from group central office located in Collingwood
- Positive and collaborative team culture, NFP employment benefits and long term career opportunities
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. We offer a comprehensive network of services and are the state’s largest provider of Out Of Home Care Services. With the support of approximately 1,700 employees and 2,300 volunteers, we seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
About the Role:
The position is part of the People and Culture Team which is responsible for providing comprehensive Human Resources Services to the organisation which consists of approximately 1,700 employees and 2,300 volunteers.
The role of the Payroll Services Manager will be to manage the payroll team and take accountability for delivering the end to end payroll for approximately 1,700 employees. This will involve managing the processing of our fortnightly pay cycle across award, collective agreement and individually contracted employees, ensuring our employees are paid in line with their respective terms and conditions and legislative requirements.
You will ensure all the obligations we have as an employer are managed and met in a timely manner including Fringe Benefits Tax, Australian Taxation Office and Workcover. You will also be the lead for process improvement and working with the team to ensure we leverage our payroll systems to improve our employee experience, support the education of our line leaders and drive efficiencies into our practices to provide more time for our employees to focus on the children and families we work with.
The Payroll Services Manager will also be responsible for the ensuring compliance is accurate as well as keeping abreast of all the legislative changes from Fair Work, ATO, Worksafe Victoria and other relevant payroll related matters.
The role is a permanent, full time position and would suit an experienced Payroll Manager with relevant tertiary level qualifications, previous experience managing a payroll team responsible for large numbers of employees as well as:
- Experience in the provision of Award and Enterprise Agreement interpretation
- A proven track record in building and maintaining effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders, including the ability to lead, influence and work collaboratively with a range of internal and external stakeholders to bring about effective payroll processing and reporting functionality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including well developed report writing, and negotiation skills.
- Attention to detail with a track record and ability to identify and implement process improvements driving efficiencies while still maintaining the required level of governance.
- High level proficiency in a range of computer-based applications including Microsoft Office programs Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. And systems including Ascender and ideally time target or a similar rostering system.
- Proven ability to coach, develop and share knowledge with others.
- Self-starter with initiative, to work independently and as part of a dynamic team, and a commitment to working respectfully with individuals.
The Payroll Services Manager is an integral part of the Anglicare Victoria team. This is a great opportunity to join an industry leader and an organisation well know fior it’s supportive and positive working culture.
How to apply:
For a detailed positions description click here: Position Description - Payroll Services Manager.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application and will be requested to attach your resume, a cover letter and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Matthew Quinn, Recruitment Specialist on 03 9412 6023.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability