Changing Futures Practitioner
Job no: 501801
Work type: Full Time
Location: Mornington Peninsula
Categories: Community Development
- Work directly with families who are subject to Interim Accommodation orders
- Intensive 200 hour program providing intervention
- Based in the Mornington Peninsula
Changing Futures Practitioner
Changing Futures is an innovative model working with vulnerable children and families who are repeatedly reported to Child Protection. Intervention is focused on empowering families by building on their strengths and assisting them to experience greater social participation and inclusion.
The Intensive 200 Hour Program works directly with families whose children are subject to an Interim Accommodation Order with plan of Reunification; Family Preservation; or Family Reunification Orders
- The program will equip parents with a greater knowledge about their children’s development
- Assist in developing parenting strategies they can use to the best meet the development needs.
- The program aims to strengthen parenting capacity to ensure child health, safety and developmental outcomes are being met.
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, and Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
To participate in the delivery of a high quality program that provides genuine and positive outcomes for clients
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Early Childhood Specialist and/or related behavioural sciences at degree level with substantial experience; or associate diploma level with substantial experience in the relevant service stream, or less formal qualifications with specialised skills sufficient to perform at this level.
- Excellent understanding of the child protection, placement and support services and family service system, including legislative and policy framework
- Excellent knowledge of, and experience in the application of relevant theoretical approaches that underpin casework practice (including theories of child attachment, development and abuse) to vulnerable children, young people and families
- Demonstrated skills and experience in delivering programs and services within required timeframes and budget parameters
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
For a detailed position description, Changing Futures Program_CF_South _July 2019.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries Kristy Reed Program Manager Family Services on 97816700
Applications close 19th July 2019
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend