Job no: 501803
Work type: Full Time Limited Tenure
Location: Northern Suburbs
Categories: Community Development
- Full time fixed-term position until 30th September 2020
- Possibility of extension
- Preston location
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
About the role:
This position involves working with a caseload of families consisting of some who have been allocated to Integrated Family Services (up to 110 hrs) and others who have been allocated to Intensive Family Services (200 hrs approach). As part of your role you will:
- Provide an in-home family casework service with children and families to deliver effective interventions which increase parenting capacity, family functioning, achieve child safety and enhance conditions for child development. This will include a comprehensive outcomes focus for parents, carers and children including individual, social and economic outcomes.
- Contribute as a member of the care team or professional network to support case planning and ongoing risk assessment.
- Work with families to empower them to manage their life situation, including having a positive engagement with their community.
- Document interventions used to build family functioning, family capability and promote child safety, stability, wellbeing and development for the prescribed outcomes.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in social work, psychology, Early Childhood Specialist, Education and/or related behavioural sciences with a minimum of three years relevant experience.
- Demonstrated resilience to work with and support clients who have been exposed to trauma.
- Demonstrated understanding of child development and factors which impede a child’s development, including early indicators and patterns of behaviour leading to cumulative harm.
- Demonstrated experience working with families who have multiple and complex needs utilising a child-focused family-centred approach.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders including DHHS Child Protection, in order to reach the best outcomes for children, young people and families.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of individual and systemic theories which underpin effective and intensive in-home family based interventions.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office packages and other statistical databases such as IRIS.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
How to Apply:
Detailed position description PD - Family Practitioner - Family Services - North - July 2019.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Jan Pfeiffer, Program Manager Family and Community Services on 0408 053 196.
PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLY
Applications close 1st October 2019.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend