Job no: 501880
Work type: Part Time
Location: Western Suburbs
Categories: Community Development
- Join a team that is making a difference to their client lives
- Located at our Werribee office, with travel to an outreach office within the Western Melbourne area
- Part time position until June 2021
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
Anglicare Victoria's Western Melbourne Financial Counselling program aims:
- To provide a free and confidential assistance to individuals and families who are experiencing financial crisis or chronic financial difficulties due to family violence, through a combination of casework, community education and secondary consultation
- To participate in appropriate community education programs for the purpose of raising awareness of financial issues including the provision of information and resource materials to community groups, schools and other welfare professionals.
- To provide an outreach service in order to ensure accessibility to services to clients experiencing family violence.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- Possess a Diploma of Community Services – Financial Counselling
- Membership of the Financial and Consumer Rights Council
- Experience in Financial Counselling and a thorough knowledge of the relevant legislation and regulations pertaining to financial issues.
- Highly developed skills in advocacy and negotiation
- Resilience to work with and support clients who have been exposed to trauma
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
Detailed Position Description, PD_Financial Councellor F V_West_Pt fxt_July 2019.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Derek Bartolo on 9731 2500
Applications close 28 August 2019
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend