Job no: 501943
Work type: Part Time
Categories: Residential Services
Therapeutic Specialist - Residential Care
- Part time (0.5) position based in the Anglicare Victoria Bendigo region
- Opportunity for an experienced therapeutic practitioner to provide clinical leadership in a therapeutic residential care setting
- Work with vulnerable young people and families to promote therapeutic intervention to achieve positive outcomes.
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
Anglicare Victoria are the state’s largest provider of Out Of Home Care services and, with the support of a large network of passionate and dedicated staff, provide safe and nurturing homes to young people from a variety of backgrounds. We strive to create an environment where employees feel valued and rewarded, making Anglicare Victoria a great place to work.
The Anglicare Victoria Therapeutic Residential Care model aims to provide holistic, trauma informed practice that creates an environment that takes into account the young person’s trauma, resilience, attachment and developmental age. The model promotes congruence, consistency, coherence and reciprocity enriching the young person’s environment with predictability, nurturance and achievable outcomes. The Therapeutic Specialists work within the TRC team to provide clinical leadership with regard to the development and implementation of appropriate therapeutic support for children and young people in out-of-home care.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- Tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Social Work, or related discipline with eligibility for membership of the relevant professional association supported by substantial post graduate experience.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the Child Protection and Out-Of-Home Care systems including relevant legislative and statutory provisions and frameworks, compliance requirements and principles.
- Excellent knowledge of, and demonstrated experience in the application of relevant theoretical approaches that underpin the provision of therapeutic services to vulnerable children, young people and families.
- Excellent skills in providing expert case consultation and advice to other professionals, particularly around trauma, attachment and development assessments.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and direct service in the clinical assessment and treatment of children, young people and families.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
A detailed Position Description is available here: Position Description - Therapeutic Specialist - Bendigo Region.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend