Youth Program Facilitator
Job no: 501973
Work type: Part Time Limited Tenure
Location: Western Suburbs
Categories: Community Development
- Friendly team environment
- Western suburbs location
- Salary packaging available
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
In this role you will facilitate a long standing youth drop in Program in the heart of Werribee. The Garage Youth Drop In Program runs on Wednesday afternoons and provides support to young people in the Werribee Area. This program heralds a grassroots youth work framework, providing a safe space to young people, a BBQ, pool table, PS2, lots of external support agencies in attendance providing outreach support and referral opportunities to young people.
The facilitator role also supervises the youth volunteers and youth work students.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Youth Work, Welfare Work and/or Community Development
- Substantial experience in working with young people, a genuine enjoyment for this style of support and outreach work.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in providing support to young people,
- Understanding of the developmental needs of young people and ability to work with them in the context of their trauma background, community and educational disengagement and possible AOD use or mental health issues.
- Ability to provide a safe space and support style that maximize a young person’s strengths, capabilities and integrity in an empathetic and non-judgmental manner.
- Capacity to develop co-operative partnerships with agency workers and community services.
- We embrace change! We love new ideas and appreciate your abilities to lead the program and our young people towards positive experiences and outcomes. This is the place for you to utilise your drive, initiative, imagination and delegation skills.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
How to Apply:
Detailed Position Description PD - Youth Program Facilitator - The Garage - West - Part Time Fixed Term - August 2019.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries please contact Marie Madigan, Team Leader on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close Tuesday 27 August 2019.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend