Team Leader - Child and Family Services
Job no: 501983
Work type: Full Time
Location: Regional Victoria – Gippsland
Categories: Family Services
- Develop, lead and supervise the new multi-disciplinary team. develop, lead and supervise the new multi-disciplinary team.
- Road Map to Reform initiative
- Integrating evidence informed practice frameworks and delivering a seamless service model
Using the experience and expertise that exists in the region, a team will be developed that consists of Placement Prevention and Reunification (Stronger Families, Families First, Intensive Family Services and Targeted Care Packages) case management staff. This multi-disciplinary team will work together to operationalise the reforms so children and families receive seamless support as they move across the pathways. This team will deliver a range of interventions from family support for children at risk of entering the child protection system, placement prevention and reunification, targeted care packages and Stronger Families, Families First and Intensive Family Services.
This Team Leader position will develop, lead and supervise the new multi-disciplinary team. This complex and exciting opportunity will allow for innovation, learning, trialling new approaches, integrating evidence informed practice frameworks and delivering a seamless service model. The Team Leader must have an excellent understanding and experience in delivering services across the child and family service system and be able to develop practice in a way new to the sector.
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in social work, psychology, Early Childhood Specialist and/or related behavioural sciences at degree level; or diploma level with a minimum of two years relevant experience.
- Experience in leadership and working with families in any of the following services areas; family services, child protection, housing, domestic violence, mental health and alcohol and other drugs.
- Demonstrated awareness and commitment to working within the ‘Best Interest Principles’ outlined within the Child, Youth and Families Act 2005.
- Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For a detailed position description, PD_TL_TCP_Gippsland_Aug 2019.pdf
For further enquiries contact Lee Brien on 51359555
Applications close 21 August 2019
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend