Job no: 502009
Work type: Full Time
Location: Melbourne Central
Categories: Management, Finance
- Located in Collingwood
- Salary packaging benefits
- Being part of a dedicated team
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
Reporting to the Senior Management Accountant, the Management Accountant has the responsibility to assist in maintaining the budgetary system, evaluating new tenders and variance analysis to ensure timely and accurate reporting of the organisations monthly results.
Key responsibilities include (not limited to):
- Monthly reporting, managing deadlines and providing variance analysis
- Costing and tender pricing
- Identifying areas of potential risk, under-performance, improvement and other opportunity and work with other areas of business to mitigate or promote these
- Providing advice to managers on costing of service and overheads including evaluating and pricing new tenders
- Assist in the design of dashboards/new reporting requirements
- Assist in value- added adhoc projects
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in finance, accounting or commerce at degree level with substantial experience in management accounting and analysis
- CPA/CA accreditation or working towards
- Considerable knowledge in budgeting, financial analysis & modelling, and integrated accounting packages
- Conceptual, analytical and investigative capabilities
- Knowledge and proficiency in Windows XP and Office XP, particularly Excel intermediate to advanced level
- Demonstrated project management capabilities with a concern for quality and accuracy in all aspects of work with an outstanding attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated capacity of dashboard reporting through Power BI and the BOARD budgeting and reporting system would be advantageous.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
Detailed Position Description: PD - Management Accountant - Finance - October 2019.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Noreen Hazari, Manager Budget and Analytics on 03 9412 6115.
Applications close Sunday 25th August 2019.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend