Residential Youth Worker
- Fantastic opportunity to join the state’s largest provider of OOHC services
- Work for a community focussed organisation with strong values and collaborative approach
- Fixed roster offering a guaranteed 75 hours per fortnight
- Stand Up/Active Night shift permanent position available in Mt Evelyn
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
Anglicare Victoria are the state’s largest provider of Out Of Home Care services and, with the support of a large network of passionate and dedicated staff, provide safe and nurturing homes to young people from a variety of backgrounds. We strive to create an environment where employees feel valued and rewarded, making Anglicare Victoria a great place to work.
The overall responsibility of the Residential Youth Worker is to work with a larger team to promote a consistent and considered approach to the provision of direct care to young people who reside in residential care, ensuring individual needs are met.
This position offers the opportunity to join one of our Therapeutic Residential Care Houses located in our East Region. The house is one of 4 other houses, each supporting up to 4 young people. You will act as a role model to help promote positive attributes, reduce vulnerability, build resilience and encourage future aspirations as well as help develop a range of therapeutic programs to promote and encourage education, living, social and recreational skills.
The permanent vacancy currently available offers 75 hours per fortnight across a fixed fortnightly roster, working predominantly active night shifts from 11.30pm until 9.30am. Supervision and fortnightly staff meetings are also rostered in.
As well as this vacancy we may also be able to offer opportunities to those who are interested in joining our pool of casual workers who are relied upon to help cover staff leave, holidays and other ad hoc shifts across all 4 house in the region, with houses in Lillydale, Mt Evelyn, Doncaster and Seymour.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention (Residential and Out of Home Care).
- A relevant tertiary qualification which is recognized under the Residential Care Workforce Training Initiative, and a willingness to undertake top up training to meet the qualification requirements of the Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention (Residential and Out of Home Care).
- Previous experience working with young people of all ages.
- Commitment to the principles and practice of quality care in residential settings for the most vulnerable and disadvantaged young people.
- The ability to work effectively with young people and to promote positive attributes and work towards planned change.
- Flexibility, resilience and the ability to maintain best practice under challenging circumstances.
- The ability to work effectively with a team to achieve program goals and objectives.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Victorian Drivers Licence, a Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
A detailed Position Description is available here: Position Description - Residential Youth Worker - Permanent - East.pdf
For further information please contact Matthew Quinn, Recruitment Specialist on 03 9412 6023.
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.