- Join the state’s largest provider of OOHC services
- Work for a community focussed organisation with strong values and collaborative approach
- Provide support and management of care networks for vulnerable children and families
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
Anglicare Victoria are the state’s largest provider of Out Of Home Care services and, with the support of a large network of passionate and dedicated staff, provide safe and nurturing homes to young people from a variety of backgrounds. We strive to create an environment where employees feel valued and rewarded, making Anglicare Victoria a great place to work.
The overall responsibility of the Senior Practitioner is to provide expertise, guidance and leadership to case managers who support children and young people aged from 0 – 18 placed in home based care. In addition to this the Senior Practitioner is required to role-model positive practice, and create opportunities to guide, mentor and coach program staff.
This position involves case managing complex cases, liaising with children and families, carers, DHHS, health services and other specialist service providers to encourage and facilitate positive and collaborative working relationships.
Different levels of support are provided, ranging in complexity, however the overall aim of the program is to facilitate reunification where possible, through ongoing support, supervised contact and stakeholder engagement. This role sits within 1 of 5 out of home care teams providing this service in the agency, who all work collaboratively as part of the larger OOHC program.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Early Childhood Specialist and/or related behavioural sciences at degree level OR a lower level qualification coupled with significant experience in a similar OOHC case management position.
- Resilience to work with and support clients who have been exposed to trauma, violence or neglect.
- Demonstrated understanding of the child protection, placement and support services and family service system, including legislative and policy framework.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience in the application of relevant theoretical approaches that underpin casework practice (including theories of child attachment, development and abuse) to vulnerable children, young people and families.
- Skills and knowledge in delivering services within required timeframes and performance and compliance requirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge in coaching and mentoring of staff, and supporting the development of a positive team environment.
- Demonstrated well developed communication and problem solving skills.
- Flexibility, resilience and the ability to maintain best practice under challenging circumstances.
- The ability to work effectively with a team to achieve program goals and objectives.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Victorian Drivers Licence, a Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
The successful applicant will gain the opportunity to become a leader within one of the state’s largest provider of OOHC services which presents genuine opportunities for ongoing career progression, supported development and training, ongoing learning and upskilling, exposure to other areas of service delivery and the chance to work with staff recognised across the industry as being the best in the business.
A detailed Position Description is available PD - Senior Practitioner - Out of Home Care HBC - St Lukes - August 2019.pdf.
For further information please contact Louise Baker, Team Leader, or Jo Farrelly, Program Manager on 03 5440 1100.
Applications close Tuesday 20 August 2019.
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.