AOD Youth and Family Counsellor
Job no: 502047
Work type: Part Time
Location: Southern Suburbs
- Are you passionate about working with clients and their families to achieve positive outcomes?
- Are you interested in an exciting opportunity to join a friendly and supportive team of alcohol and other drug clinicians.
- 3 days a week (0.6EFT)
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The Linking Youth and Families Together (LYFT) Program aims to reduce problematic alcohol and other drug use among young people and the adverse effects on them and their families. The program does this by providing information, support and family inclusive therapeutic treatment as well as linkages to other community supports. The primary client group for LYFT are young people aged between 12 – 25 years who are using alcohol and other drugs in a problematic way and their families.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Early Childhood Specialist and/or related behavioural sciences at degree level with substantial experience; or associate diploma level with substantial experience in the relevant service stream, or less formal qualifications with specialised skills sufficient to perform at this level.
- Knowledge and experience of contemporary practice approaches in the alcohol and other drug sector.
- Knowledge and experience of the application of systemic theory and practice techniques in therapy with families, with specific emphasis on adolescents and their parents.
- Experience in working with young people, and knowledge of therapeutic interventions appropriate for young people at risk.
- The ability to self-manage and practice high level organisations skills, time management skills and self-direction.
- Applicants must also possess minimum competencies in Alcohol and Other Drugs.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
Detailed Position Description, PD AOD Youth and Family Councillor LYFT August 2019 (1).pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Reynold Ephraim (Team Leader AOD) on 97816700
Applications Close 26th August.
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend