Team Leader Family Services
Job no: 502062
Work type: Full Time
Location: Northern Suburbs
Categories: Community Development, Family Services
- Lead a skilled and experienced team
- Full time position
- Preston location
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
In this role you will lead a team of skilled Practitioners and coordinate the delivery of a high quality program which aims to enhance family functioning and therefore improve child outcomes. The team of Family Services Practitioners provide case management to families with multiple and complex needs.
The Program includes Integrated Family Services and Intensive Family Services:
- Integrated Family Services is delivered in the context of the North East Metro Child and Family Services Alliance, which is an alliance of nine agencies and DHHS. Most referrals for Integrated Family Services are from the Orange Door.
- Intensive Family Services is a 200 hour approach for families who have a child subject to a Family Preservation Order, Family Reunification Order or an Interim Accommodation Order. Referrals for Intensive Family Services are from DHHS Child Protection and the family work is in partnership with Child Protection.
You will have an excellent understanding of and experience in delivering programs and services across the child and family service system. The role includes promotion of best practice approaches and continuous quality improvement of the program, including participation in service redevelopment and redesign.
If successful you will be welcomed into a supportive and creative team with a strong work ethic and sense of social justice. The sense of team is important to us and supports an effective service delivery to our clients.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Early Childhood Specialist and/or related behavioural sciences at degree level with substantial relevant experience.
- Excellent understanding of the Child Protection, Placement and Support Services and Family Services systems, including the legislative and policy framework.
- Demonstrated experience leading a team to achieve outcomes, providing good quality supervision and managing performance.
- Excellent knowledge of, and demonstrated experience regarding the application of relevant theoretical approaches that underpin casework practice (including theories of child attachment, development and abuse) with children, young people and families who have multiple and complex needs.
- Well-developed skills and demonstrated experience in delivering programs and services within required timeframes and budget parameters.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
How to Apply:
Detailed Position Description PD - Team Leader - Family Services - North
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries please contact Jan Pfeiffer, Program Manager Family and Community Services on 0408 053 196.
Applications close Tuesday 27 August 2019.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend