- Fantastic opportunity to join the state’s largest provider of OOHC services
- Work for a community focussed organisation with strong values and collaborative approach
- Benefit from flexibility with access to a variety of shift times at a variety of residential homes across the Bendigo Region
- Casual positions available.
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
Anglicare Victoria are the state’s largest provider of Out Of Home Care services and, with the support of a large network of passionate and dedicated staff, provide safe and nurturing homes to young people from a variety of backgrounds. We strive to create an environment where employees feel valued and rewarded, making Anglicare Victoria a great place to work.
The overall responsibility of the Residential Youth Worker is to work with a larger team to promote a consistent and considered approach to the provision of direct care to young people aged from 10 to 18 who reside in residential care, ensuring individual needs are met.
You will act as a role model to help promote positive attributes, reduce vulnerability, build resilience and encourage future aspirations as well as help develop a range of education, living, social and recreational skills.
The role itself will involve working with a larger team, utilising a knowledge of theories relating to trauma informed service provision, effective communication skills and negotiation, the capacity to make professional judgements, and the ability to respond creatively to the needs of young people in often challenging and confronting situations.
All 5 of our Residential Homes in the Bendigo region operate on a 24 hour roster, allowing staff access to a range of different shifts including day time, afternoon, evening, night shifts and weekends.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention (Residential and Out of Home Care).
- A relevant tertiary qualification which is recognized under the Residential Care Workforce Training Initiative, and a willingness to undertake top up training to meet the qualification requirements of the Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention (Residential and Out of Home Care).
- Commitment to the principles and practice of quality care in residential settings for the most vulnerable and disadvantaged young people.
- The ability to work effectively with young people and to promote positive attributes and work towards planned change in those with highly complex issues.
- Flexibility, resilience and the ability to maintain best practice under challenging circumstances.
- A sound understanding of therapeutic service relating to trauma and attachment.
- The ability to work effectively with a team to achieve program goals and objectives.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Victorian Drivers Licence, a Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
A detailed Position Description is available here: Position Description - Residential Youth Worker - Bendigo Region - Casual.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete an online application by clicking the link. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.