Dynamic and Innovative OH&S Manager required to Coordinate the Anglicare Victoria internal OH&S function, based from central office in Collingwood. Full time permanent position.
- Growing Not For Profit organisation with a large scope of practice and diverse workforce
- Full time permanent position offering access to NFP employment benefits
- Work with an established team out of newly furbished offices in Collingwood
- Positive and collaborative team culture
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. We offer a comprehensive network of services and are the state’s largest provider of Out Of Home Care Services. With the support of approximately 1,700 employees and 2,300 volunteers, we seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The position is part of the People and Culture Team which is responsible for providing comprehensive Human Resources Services to the organisation which consists of approximately 1,700 employees and 2,300 volunteers. Anglicare Victoria run a number of programs across the state, including Integrated Family Services, Family Violence, Kinship Care, Foster Care and Out of Home Care as well as a range of other programs within the Anglicare Victoria scope of practice.
About the Role:
The role is part of the Health, Safety and Wellbeing team, working alongside a Return to Work Coordinator, Wellbeing Manager and Administrator and will be responsible for coordinating the organisation wide OH&S Framework. This will involve providing advice and guidance to program managers and internal stakeholders on legislation, compliance and policy, the maintenance of safe systems of work, the development of new OH&S initiatives to promote excellence in workplace health and safety and the coordination of the organisations OH&S central committee.
The role will also involve ongoing communication with internal staff, the management of incident and hazard reporting, liaison and communication with external stakeholders such as WorkSafe, as well as the management of data systems, reporting to the management team and audit support.
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated professional with the ability to drive OH&S best practice, support internal stakeholders to achieve outcomes as well as to develop and maintain an environment of workplace health and safety excellence, as well as:
- A relevant tertiary qualification and/or substantial experience in Health and Safety, preferably in the Community Services sector.
- Demonstrated detailed knowledge and understanding of relevant Health and Safety legislation and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to partner and coach our Program Managers to help them maintain best practice as well as prepare for Work Safe Audits and site visits
- Well-developed interpersonal communication skills, including ability to collaborate and work with managers to bring about change.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including well developed report writing and negotiation skills.
- Proven ability to coach, develop and share knowledge with others.
- High level proficiency in a range of computer based applications including Microsoft Office programs, Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Motivation and initiative, working as part of a dynamic team and a commitment to working respectfully with individuals.
The role will be as rewarding as it will be challenging, offering the right person the opportunity to join a growing and respected not for profit organisation as a key member of the people and culture team.
How to apply:
A detailed Position Description is available here: Position Description - OHS Manager.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application and will be requested to attach your resume, a cover letter and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as detailed on the Position Description, as separate documents.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability