Team Leader Rapid Response
Job no: 502202
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Community Development
- Full time
- Supportive and friendly team environment
- Salary Packaging is offered with this position
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The Rapid Response Team work intensively with the family across a 4 week period. Success is also attributable to the strong relationship between local Child Protection Workers and Rapid Response Practitioners. Our model focuses on developing a transparent partnership between the family, Child Protection and Rapid Response Practitioners, with clear boundaries and commitment from all to addressing the safety concerns.
We are seeking to recruit a Team Leader who:
- Enjoys working in a flexible environment and flexible hours.
- Being part of a dedicated team.
- Adhering to a dedicated practice approach [Homebuilders].
The Rapid Response Team Leader is required to:
- Participate in all model program training, supervision and consultation activities.
- Ensure Rapid Response team practice adheres to model fidelity
- Develop a strong and effective partnership with the local Child Protection office
- Oversee case practice for all families through joint visits, regular formal and informal supervision and case consultation.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- Lead a Rapid Response team and their practice to ensure the fidelity of the model is adhered to
- Oversee and coordinate referrals from Child Protection and ensure the Rapid Response team work collaboratively with Child Protection Practitioners and families to ensure risk assessments and safety plans are maintained and tracked utilising the Signs of Safety approach, including conducting joint visits with Child Protection staff.
- Ensure Rapid Response provides intensive, short-term intervention in the family home at flexible times, when they are most receptive to learning, which may include early mornings, evenings and weekends.
- Ensure the Rapid Response program strengthen family connections, promoting placement prevention and the safety of children, young people and parents.
- Ensure the team work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders to ensure a coordinated approach to services for children, young people and their families
- Lead weekly team consultations, formal and informal supervision and practice reflection.
- Ensure all team members maintain records and update outcomes and data management systems to meet DHHS and Anglicare Victoria’s guidelines and statutory requirements
- Work with relevant stakeholders to enable continual improvement to the design and implementation of our service delivery model to further extend our commitment to improving the lives of children, young people and their families.
- Develop good working relationships with Aboriginal lead agencies to ensure cultural safety in our practice and good outcomes for aboriginal children and young people.
- Identify performance trends, best practices, and opportunities for improvement.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
Position Description: PD_Team Leader Rapid Response - Bendigo - Sept 2019.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Paula West on (03) 5440 1100
Applications close: 25 September 2019
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend