Job no: 502280
Work type: Full Time Limited Tenure
Location: Regional Victoria – Gippsland
Categories: Family Services
- Full time Fixed term until 30 June 2020,
- Based at Morwell
- Salary packaging is offered with this position
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experiences of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The Disability Program delivers flexible and tailored packages of support to families of children residing voluntarily in residential care, or children at risk of requiring care due to the child’s complex disability support needs.
This will include providing culturally safe support to Aboriginal families and children. The program intent is to intervene earlier to prevent families requiring care due to their child’s complex disability support needs.
The program identifies families where children with a disability are at risk of requiring care and provide early help. The program will provide proactive engagement and outreach with mainstream services.
To be successful in this position you will need
- Relevant qualifications (Social Work/Welfare or related field),
- Skills in engaging children and families that are experiencing multiple and complex disability related needs using a range of interventions, techniques and approaches
- Skills in liaising with other professionals to work collaboratively for the best interest of the child and to support improvement in families capacity.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, computer skills in Microsoft Office packages, as well as excellent time management skills and ability to be self-directed.
How to apply:
Please note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
For a detailed position description, PD_Disability Case Worker_CS_Dis_Gippsland_Aug 2019.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact the program manager Michelle Taranto on 5135 9555.
Applications close Monday 23rd September 2019.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledge Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend