- Are you passionate about working with Young People and their families to achieve positive outcomes?
- Are you interested in an exciting new opportunity
- Ongoing Role, South
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The Youth Team Leader is a newly created role in the region which will coordinate and lead the day to day delivery of the Youth Team delivering the Functional Family Therapy (FFT) and Linking Youth and Families Together (LYFT) programs.
The Youth Team will provide services to young people and their families, with a particular focus on young people with complex needs and risk taking behaviour. The Youth Team Leader will provide leadership and supervision to the youth team and work with key stakeholders to ensure quality outcomes and team functioning.
Functional Family Therapy is a short-term, evidence based intervention program with an average of 12 to 14 sessions over three to five months. FFT works primarily with young people aged 11 to 17 years and their families who are referred by Youth Justice, Child Protection and other Youth focused services. Our organisation will be delivering one team based in Frankston covering the Bayside Peninsula and Southern areas of Melbourne.
Linking Youth and Families Together (LYFT) is a program for young people aged between 12 – 21 years who are using alcohol and drugs in a problematic way. The program engages with both the young person and their family.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- Tertiary qualifications, preferably in social work, youth work psychology or behavioural sciences, or equivalent.
Experience working with young people and their families with complex needs and risk issues in any of the following service areas: Youth Justice, Alcohol and Other Drugs, Child Protection, Family Violence, Mental Health and/or Family Services
- Excellent knowledge of and experience in the application of relevant theoretical approaches that underpin casework practice to young people and families.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of working in social services leadership roles providing expert case consultation and advice to complex cases, particularly around risk, safety and wellbeing assessments.
- Strong team building skills. Extensive experience in the development of effective team work skills, works collaboratively and creatively to ensure a positive team culture
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
Detailed Position Description: PD_Youth Team Leader, Southern October 2019.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Nikki Ball, Family Violence and Service Integration Program Manager on 03 9781 6700
Applications Close COB Monday 21st October
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.